I took Toly back to the vet today, and based on the fact that the mass a)didn’t respond to antibiotics and b) has grown in 2 weeks, as well as the fact that he’s got one obvious lump and another suspected one, we made the decision to let him go. The cancer in his leg was already causing him pain, and the vet said even if we could do treatments, we’d see a max of six to eight months and those wouldn’t be very good quality.
It’s quieter around here for sure. This is such an odd situation because things were so messed up with the dogs to start with, I’m not sure how I even feel. I mean, I’m sad about losing him of course. So far Leika seems okay, she might be a little quieter than normal, but it is hard to say. They’d not been getting along well recently, he was short on patience and not in the mood for her games.
I’m interested to see how things change, how Leika and Daisy start interacting more, and how Leika is as we can get her back into the day-to-day life of our family.