This is taken from Kim, who I think I found from Swistle.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Used a sewing machine to make actual, wearable clothes.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really make resolutions. I do have some pretty big plans for 2011 and some changes I want to make to make our family healthier, more frugal and more environmentally conscious.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Well, I did. Also, we have a new niece and several good friends had babies as well. In short, yes.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, no on very close to me. My grandmother passed away, but we weren’t close.
5. What countries did you visit?
Ha, we didn’t even leave the state.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Hmm. Well, no debt would be good. Also, well trained and well behaved dogs.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- July Lucy was born
- Two August babies
- October E and S got married
- November Jake started his new job
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Having a baby at home.
9. What was your biggest failure?
My biggest failure was to my dogs. Poor things. We’re going to work hard to get back on track with them.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a baby, does that count? Other than that, none.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The best thing I bought was an iPad, but I ended up exchanging it for a Dell laptop. I loved that iPad, but it just wasn’t practical for what I needed.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Um…not sure on this one. I got nothing.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Hmm. People who cannot be kind or considerate. People who litter. People who act ugly just for the sake of acting ugly.
14. Where did most of your money go?
General bills. We kind of live on a shoestring. We were able to get some stuff paid off though, which was nice.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having a baby! Jake getting his new job.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Oh geez. I don’t know.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Probably a little thinner, but I was also pregnant at this time last year.
c) richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I played more, was silly more, lived in the moment more. Read. Baked, sewed, used more coupons…Pretty much all of the things I fully intend to do this year.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stress. Worry. Obsess.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas morning was at home with my mom and brother, and then we went to my dad’s for Christmas day dinner. Logistically, it was a great way to spend the day. Kind of exhausting, but we covered our bases.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I did indeed, with my new Lucy.
22. What were your favorite TV programs?
Parenthood and Castle
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I don’t really do the whole hate thing.
24. What was the best book you read?
Um. I really enjoyed a book by Barbara Kingslover but the title escapes me right now. That’s the only one that jumps to mind.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Eh. I’m just not really into the whole music thing.
26. What did you want and get?
A baby. Oh and a dSLR camera.
27. What did you want and not get?
A million dollars? I’m not really much of a want-er.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Eh. Not a big movie person.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Um. I don’t remember. I had a two month old…Probably had dinner with family.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having more certainty about things.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy? Hmm. I’ve always had a thing for Ira Glass from This American Life. And Neil Conan…Since Castle started I’m a fan of Nathan Fillion too, as Rick Castle.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
I miss Molly and Ryan living in town.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Babies A and B. For sure.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Stressing about something that MIGHT happen in the future only equals potentially twice as much suffering, so you might as well just not stress until something actually happens. The person I originally heard it from said it better, but that is the gist.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.